Sunday, July 4, 2010

Jesus + America

I hate to break my blogging silence with something like this but I am going to anway. warning this will be offensive to some, so if you don't feel like being offended please don't read this! Today I heard a man at church (not mine) talking about the "the good old days" back in the 40s when people didn't go to the movies on Sunday, and he was hoping/praying that we could get "back to God". It reminded me of something Mark Driscoll said "Jesus plus anything ruins everything". I felt like for this guy it was Jesus+ America. And that seems to be a lot of Christians additude. They think that somehow this was or is God's nation. Particularly many seem to think that because of things like homosexuality and abortion our nation is "worse" than it once was. But have they forgotten about slavery or how in the gloriuos 40s black people were expected to literally take a back seat to white people and that bi racial children were considered vial!! How is it that those atrocities are more godly than our national sins of today! Let me say I am very thankful for my national freedom but my emphasis and hope is in my spiritual freedom and that has never and will never come from any country. There is no such thing as a christian nation just christian individuals. If you need something to fight for fight for the gospel of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment