Sunday, January 16, 2011

The New Year

So this is late I know but I am finally getting around to my recap of 2010. It was trully an amazing year!!! Here are my accomplishments from 2010:

*I had my third child this year, Calvin Tylor Standley, who was 8 lbs and 8 oz.He was born on February 4th 2010. It was such a privilage to bring him into this world, espcially because I got to do it at home in a familar and comfortable enviroment for me. It was trully an amazing experiance. There to help me was my sweet Bryan, who took wonderful care of me afterwards since there were no nurses, and Deb Phillips my midwife, whom I would reccomend to anyone looking for a midwife. Calvin is such a good boy. Sweet and cuddly from the day he was born!

*I discovered reading this year, which sounds kind of lame but since graduating highschool I don't think I have read more than school books for college. Here are some of the books I read this year: The Giver by Lois Lowry, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Mary Ann Shafer and Annie Barrows, Intimacy Ignited by the Dillows and the Pintuses, Satisfy My Thirsty Soul by Linda Dillow, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling ( I know I am really late on that). My favorites were The Guernsey and Satisfy my Thirsty Soul, both were wonderful and I read both of them with my friend which made it even better!

*I started running. I run 2 miles 3 or 4 times a week, which isn't much but right now that is all I can handle. I am now back down to even my pre Lucy weight of 129 lbs. I know I just published my weight but I find that after having 3 kids in 4 years 129 feels unbelievable!!!

*I potty trained Jack and it really wasn't too bad. He was fully potty trained just a few months after his 2nd birthday. Potty training is always a huge victory for Mama!

*Taught Lucy to write her name. And now she wants to learn how to write everything else. She is so smart!

*Made a lot of progress in my marriage this year. The past 4 years have been a real strain on us as we were adjusting to life as parents and the feeling like you are never going to have time for real conversation again. But I feel like this year we really hit our stride. We've been making more time for us and working on ourselves instead of each other.

*Survived a family vacation to Orlando. No really it was tons of fun and filled with happy memories. I hope there will be many more family vacations.

I also want to mention my sweet savior Jesus who has been fixing me since I was 7 and is still in the process. He was very generous to me this year not just with blessing me with earthly blessings but heavenly blessings as well. I made many sweet memories with Him this year, which came just when I needed it as I find myself unchurched at the moment, with no idea what will happen in that department. But it doesn't matter because wherever or go I go with Him and He satisfies me. And I will live this new year only to seek out His beautiful heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment