Monday, September 20, 2010

vacation 2010

So just got back from Orlando, Fl. Three days in the car with three kids!!! Seriously I never want to see my van again and neither does Calvin, but all in all it went better than I expected. I wanted to recap the vacation while it's still on my mind. Highlights:
Watching Lucy watching Blue Horizons at sea world. It's a dolphin show and it has acrobats and birds. It is really awesome, way better than the whale shows that sea world is famous for. Anyway Lucy loved it and watched it twice. She now pretends to be a dolphin trainer. There was one trainer dressed in pick that she said was a princess and she insisted on meeting afterward, of course she got shy when we went up there but it was so precious!
Rideing kid rides at Sea World with Jack. After riding the carousel he threw a fit to ride it again. Of course you don't want your kids to throw fits, but sometimes you just have to laugh and I did. On one ride he screamed like he was on a roller coaster, it was hilarious!
Floating on the lazy river with Calvin. I kinda felt like Calvin was in the background this week but the last day I got to spend some extra time with him floating on the lazy river. He sat on my belly so peaceful and just chatted with me. Mainly we just said "Dadadada". It was quite the conversation.
The overall highlight was stopping to see the beach on our way home. We only stayed for about an hour and a half, but it was such a sweet, fun time with just my little family that I will always remember! All three kids loved the sand and were covered in it when we left. But Calvin really liked the water and I would hold him with his back to on oncoming wave and when it would hit him he would laugh and laugh. If you know me very well then you know I LOVE swimming, so standing there holding Calvin and him not being scared one bit I just thought "boy he is my child"!
Also Busch Gardens has a great children's area with lots of rides and Sesame Street characters and shows. I really wish we had more time to spend there.
On the last night me, Bryan, Dane and Heather (and baby yerton, yes she's preggers) went to Downtown Disney which was awesome! If you go to Orlando I would say go to Downtown Disney. It's not actually in Disney World, it's free to go there. It has shops and resturants and lots of other attractions that's great for families.
So Orlando gets a 5 star rating from me, but if you plan to go there pick what you really want to do and leave yourself at the minimum 10 days there, because there is TONS to do and a week is just not long enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment