Saturday, March 20, 2010

"For those whom He foreknew he also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn amoung many brethern.." Romans 8:29. Let me first say I am not here to debate what this means. We can all agree that there is a group of people who Christ "predestined to become conformed to the image of His son", and I just want to thank Him for His predestination at work in my life. I'll start with our move back home from memphis to Clinton. When we first found out I was pregnant with our daughter Lucy it became very apparent we wouldn't be financially able to stay where we were, because I felt very strongly I should be at home with my child. Furthermore I just couldn't see raising my baby in the city ranking #2 in the nation for crime. So we decided to move back home. At the time I was just following my gut and I thought this move was about money and crime, but now I see the my gut feeling was really the Holy Spirit leading our family where He wanted us. This was not a time in my life that I was really seeking the Lord, but He lovingly gave me the answer I wasn' t even looking for. Once we were here we tried a few different churches and had pretty well decided we wanted to make the long drive to Conway each week to attend the more hip churches there, but God just wouldn't give us peace about it. And we felt led to return to the church we had both grown up at, even though it wasn't our first choice. Soon we found ourselves surrounded by a new group of friends and felt we were in true fellowship with other brothers and sisters. At one point the Holy Spirit broke my heart over my own hypocrisy and challenged me to be honest with myself. At that point I really began to grow and seek Him. And more recently there has been a bit of an unpleasant situation with our church, but the Lord had gone before it and placed people in our lives to help us continue to grow through it. I guess what I am trying to say is that looking back on the last few years I see just how many situations and people God has placed around me to set me up for success in Him. Now that's predestination in action. All glory goes to Him!!

1 comment:

  1. These are some great thoughts. I, too, see His hand at work in my life and in my situations. Concerning our current situation, I would say that we can trust Him to work it all out for His glory, and He will give us wisdom to decide what to do when the time comes. Otherwise, we can just continue pouring into one another's lives. That's the beauty of the Church--it isn't confined to walls of a building--it is people. Doing life with God's people.

    ReplyDelete