Monday, March 29, 2010

Lucy and Jack Update







Lucy and Jack's birthdays are right around the corner. I can't believe they are going to be two and three years old, that's crazy!! Here's an update on both,

Lucy: She has mad communication skills and uses big words like interesting or ridiculous like she's 30, which I am pretty sure she thinks she is. She's still very independant, which helps me out most of the time. But she has FOB (fear of boredom) syndrom like her father. So most of the day she follows me around asking me to read her books, or let her watch TV, or get her a craft to do. She has trouble playing on her own, but she's been doing better and lately has been pretending to be Penny from the Rescuers. It's such a kid thing to do, so cute! She loves to play outside. It seems to be the only place she's safe from boredom. She is really sweet sometimes and likes to take care of her baby brothers. She's the only 2 1/2 year old I know that can change a diaper all on her own (except for her aunt Hede when she was that age). Whenever anyone in the house is sick she will stop what she's doing every few minutes to check on them. Sometimes she will say the most random things that will make me laugh so hard. She's crazy and loves to be surrounded by people. She's also very clever and persuasive. Now that I read that back to myself I realize that this is a description of her father if he was almost 3 year old, I think the only thing she didn't get from him is that she's a girly girl. I love you little girl!
Jack: He's a little behind on his verbalization, but here's the words he can say mama, daddy, sis, bubba, mine, ball, bye, stuck, duck, no, I did it, poppi, boompa, dog, Dane, monkmonk (monkey), wee, ouch. He's said a lot of other words but those are the ones he says regularly. He also has a few words that belong just to him that he uses at his own discrection nano, locka, bucka, buck and I am sure there's more I can't remember. Still he's very good at communicating without words. Most of the time he makes sure I know what he's wanting through gestures and nodding his head yes or no. He's my snuggler and most of the time is very sweet and considerate of others. And he can be very sensitive. But he likes to wrestle and play rough, he can't wait for his bubba to get big enough to rough house.He's very determined so he has very good motor skills because he simply won't give up. He's also very stubborn and can throw a fit that you would not believe! I haven't started potty training him yet (I've been a little busy can you believe it) but he has been telling me when he goes to the bathroom so I think he's about ready. Even though he doesn't speak very good he understands everything you say and for the most part takes direction pretty good. He is very good at entertaining himself, which is a huge blessing for me. He can find something to play with anywhere, outside, inside, in the kitchen, in the bathroom it doesn't really matter. He is very creative.Sometimes he gets really goofy and just lets loose of all his inhibitions. I love it when that happens. He's kinda like being a policeman most of the time it's not that much work but every so often a situation arises that your not sure you can handle. I love you Jackie! ( I said before he was born I would never call him that now that's all I call him)


















1 comment:

  1. You have cute kiddos. Sam needs a brother to rough-house with. He's too rough with his sisters.

    ReplyDelete