Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"vanity of vanities all is vanity"

So I've been running the last 2 weeks. And I am pretty proud. I don't usually get back into the swing of things this soon after having a baby. The thing that's bugging me is I haven't lost any of the baby weight other than the 20 lbs that came off initially. I know you must think that after losing 20 lbs I must not have that much left to loose, but I gained 46 lbs so I still have 26 more lbs to loose. I feel like it wasn't this hard the other 2 times, but I do have a very bad memory. I know he's only 2 months but I still weigh exactly what I did two weeks ago before I started running. It would help if I had one pair of normal (not maternity) pants that fit. Despite the fact that I currently have 5 different sizes in my closet I own almost no clothes that fit my current body. Now then, maybe by verbalizing my frustration I can move on so thanks for listening.

1 comment:

  1. So true. I know exactly how you feel. I gained 48 with Lucy. I could still lose 10 lbs to get to pre-pregnancy (with Sam) weight, but I'd be happy with 5. Just remember, it's all about calories. You're nursing, so your body needs MORE calories. You are doing a good thing for yourself. The weight will come off. Just make sure whatever calories you put into your body are low in sugar and saturated fats. Stay away from non-whole grain carbs. Eat whole fruits--don't drink juice. Add more fiber and protein to your diet. Just some ideas! It WILL come off. It takes time. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete