Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My village

This is my first blog so bear with me. What is on my mind right now is how emensly blessed I am to have such an amazing family. I am pretty sure it was Hillary Clinton that said it takes a village to raise a child and while I am not a fan of Hills she was right about that. So I would like to introduce you to my village that supports me in the raising of my three children, Lucy, Jack and Calvin (Lujacal):
First my wonderful husband and father to my children, Bryan. He has been my best friend since highschool and we've been married for almost 5 years. He supports me in whatever desicion I make regarding the kids. He is convicted to work hard and always make sure I can be at home with our babies. I can not imagine being married to a man who didn't feel that way. He is goofy and playful, with them. He is so much better at teaching them new things than I am. He is the only person in the world who cares as much about the kids success as I do. I love him emensly!
Second my parents. I'll start with my mom, she is amazing. She is available whenever I need her. She never gives unasked for advice. And their is noone in the world that is more into my kids. She'll play whatever game they want and make a fool out of herself everytime. I can only hope when my children are grown that my relationship with them is as easy as mine is with my mama. Then there's my dad, the most honest, integritable guy I know. He always challenges me and Bryan to think for ourselves, after all noone else will be held responsible for the decisions we make.
Thirdly my inlaws. In recent years my relationship with them was somewhat strained, but since the birth of my third child, Calvin, I've come to realize how great they are. I see other couples whose families never come to them, but my inlaws, who don't live near, almost always come to us, and that means a lot to me. Furthermore noone is more giving to my kids than them. It's always "What do the kids need?". My kids will never go without so long as they're around.
Fourth my grandparents, the back up babysitters. On the few occasions my mom is not around they are always available to help. When my oldest, Lucy was sick a few weeks ago my grandparents came over to help. My sweet Papa sat next to my little Lucy all day, he didn't bug her or ask a billion questions he just kept her company. Meanwhile my Nanny entertained Jack and took care of all those little things only woman know need done. I even got a nap that day.
Fifth my sister Heather and brother inlaws, Dane and Tylor. My sweet sister so understands my daughter Lucy, they find it easy to get along. And she so much like my mom always finds special little things to do with them. And my kids are also blessed with two of the best uncles ever.
The last person I want to mention is Bryan's grandmother, who to all of us is just known as Granny. Right after Calvin was born she volunteered to come over every monday, free of charge, and do my laundry. And as every mother knows laundry is the worst of all the housework and is never ending, Mondays used to suck. Now Mondays have become my weekend. I can just spend all day playing with my kids while Granny takes care of all my laundry. And the kids love having her there and listening to her tell stories. I am very found of that woman.

So that's my village and I am so very thankful for each and everyone of them, I hope you all are as blessed as me.

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you here in blogland! Even though I knew many of these things about your family, it was great to read about them and learn more. I am so glad we're friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Nicole's father-in-law, I am VERY proud of her and my son Bryan. They are dedicated to their LORD. Dedicated to their church. Dedicated to their family. They are the most amazing parents I have ever been around. And yes, they have the most amazing kids.

    ReplyDelete