Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Things are looking up.

Today I am feeling really positive. I feel a lot more accomplished than I did last week. As you can tell by the last blog I was pretty frazzled last week, but we had a great weekend and I feel like I actually got to rest. My inlaws were here and so that helped. My mother in law just wanted to hold Calvin alot so I got to spend some extra time snuggling with Jack which felt really good, since I feel like he's gotten the least amount of attention lately. He isn't really a needy guy, although he does love to snuggle, and I have missed that. Then on Saturday after they left I just was in one of those cleaning moods and cleaned the whole house which made for a much more pleasant sunday afternoon. I got to focus totally on getting a nap and didn't worry with trying to squeeze in time to clean. Most of the time on Sunday afternoons I feel like a highschooler or college student who has put off writing that big paper until the last minute and won't be turning in their best work on monday morning. So on Monday morning the house was still pretty clean which makes it a billion times easier to keep it clean throughout the week. I was so caught up I even let Bryan's granny take a break from doing the laundry and did it myself. Then on Monday evening me and Bryan met friends at the park and went running. I've been running on my tredmill but it was really nice to run outside. To top it off last night Calvin slept for 8 hours, that's the longest he's ever gone. There's nothing that can put a mom in a better mood faster than a baby sleeping through the night! Although I don't have any dillusions that he's there yet, it was just a ray of hope that shone ever so brightly on my day today! So things are looking up! Thank you Lord You heard my prayer and answered it!

1 comment:

  1. That's great! A clean house is a peaceful house. I love it when our house is clean. We relax so much better in the evenings when there isn't anything to do, and when people come to visit, it isn't nearly as stressful!

    ReplyDelete