Monday, March 8, 2010

The Paint gods must be angry!

For the past week I've been taking every free minute I have to paint Calvin's room. I did one wall blue and the rest beige.I am really wanting to get him into his own room while he still doesn't know the difference. It took forever since I don't have a lot of free time. But I finally finished it on Thursday of last week. So that felt really good until catastrophe hit. On Friday I was feeding Calvin in our play room, and the kids had done really well that day entertaining themselves and playing together. So I thought they were playing in their room, while I was nursing Calvin. After I finished I went back to check on them. As I walked down the hall I could see that the baby gate blocking them from getting into Calvin's room was shoved halfway up the doorway. OH NO!!!! I pretty well knew what I would find. Lucy had the blue roller painting on the beige walls and Jack had the beige roller painting on the blue wall. I stood there and I was furious, so why was I laughing!! Lucy looked at me and grinned thinking if she looked cute enough I wouldn't spank her, it didn't work. I also spanked Jack and he got it good because I forgot he wasn't wearing his diaper, poor guy. Anyway they also painted on his dresser, closet door, and bedroom door! Luckily the brand new carpet was spared. So this afternoon while they nap (if they nap) I will be painting Calvin's room once again.

1 comment:

  1. I really hope it goes alright!!! You will have to hide the paint and the rollers from those sneaky kids!

    ReplyDelete