Friday, March 12, 2010

I've been pretty stressed and irritable lately. I feel like I've taken that out on my oldest two kids. On the one hand I feel I need to play with them more, but it already seems like I can't keep up with bills and housework etc. And then there's the things I want to do which I think every mom needs a little of. I am still trying to find a balance in the way I spend my time. It's funny I've become so accustomed to being busy that even though I can't wait to have a minute to myself the moment I do have a free minute I never know what to do with it. I really need more patient and wisdom in the area of parenting. I want my kids to be secure in my love for them but I also want them to know that I'm busy and they aren't the only people on the planet. This is the prayer that's on my heart today. All you mom's join me:

God Jesus (Lucy's name for Him), I know I haven't been very patient with my kids lately and have felt very entitled to get some time to myself. Forgive me Lord, love me so I can love them, show me mercy and I will show them mercy, Be gracious to me and I will be gracious to them. I can not raise these wonderful blessings without You. I need Your wisdom and patience. Show me how to not to just give a peice of myself to them, but to in everything I do, do it wholeheartedly as unto You! Thank You so much for my babies!!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think this ever goes away, but I do think we get better at it when we listen to His parenting advice! You're so right--He is the best parent--when He shows us mercy, we can extend that to our children. This applies to so many character traits! You're doing a great job. You'll get your rhythm soon enough! Missed you today. Lucy is better.

    ReplyDelete